james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Content-Type Fallback Character Set
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2012 10:41:27 GMT
On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 14:44 +0000, Rickard Ekeroth wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Would it be possible to add a feature that would allow for specifying a fallback character
set to use when the character set in a 'Content-Type' header is not recognized by Java? In
the old 0.6.2 version, that we used before, the character set 'ISO-8859-1' was used as a fallback
but in the 0.7.2 version an UnsupportedEncodingException is thrown when the parser encounters
an unknown character set in a Content-Type header.

Rickard

could you please post a complete stack trace of the exception and, if
possible, the message content that caused it? Probably the best way to
go about it would be to raise a change request in JIRA and attach both
artifacts to it.

Oleg

> Regards,
>
> Rickard Ekeroth
> Albourne Partners (Cyprus) Ltd.
>
> If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete
it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Please visit
http://www.albourne.com/email.html for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.