james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing org.apache.james.mime4j.message.Message
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:11:55 GMT
On Thu, 2012-10-25 at 10:46 +0100, Eric Charles wrote:
> On 25/10/2012 10:23, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> (snip)
> > Yes, ideally we should not publish javadocs of the development snapshots
> > unless they are clearly marked as such.
> >

> +1
>
> (ps: the home page marks it: http://james.apache.org/mime4j/apidocs)

This is true. However, it is absolutely unclear from the project web
site that the javadoc link points at the dev snapshot instead  of the
latest official release. Mime4j is not API stable, so it is probably OK
to reference the latest snapshot instead of the latest release as long
as the link clearly states that, though (References -> javadocs
(0.8-SNAPSHOT) or some such).

Oleg