james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] make most of mime4j immutable
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 21:14:02 GMT

After looking around in mime4j I noticed that most of the API
interfaces from mime4j-dom provide getters and are mutable. This means
that implementations are also not thread safe.

I propose we move to an Immutable API implementation with nice
builders. This will make things thread safe and make life easier for
our users.

This will most likely mean a change in the API.

I think this is worth it, as we may have less bugs in our
(multi-threaded) code. What do you think?

Ioan Eugen Stan / CTO / http://axemblr.com

View raw message