james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mbox-iterator in mime4j - code review
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:04:30 GMT
On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 17:25 +0300, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've completed integrating mbox-iterator[1] into mime4j. I'm waiting 3
> days for a code review before I do a push. The changes to mime4j are
> in this change-set on github:
>
> https://github.com/ieugen/james-mime4j/commit/8619b28297d8762913754fcee8ceb98caad5d218
>
> I added an example of how you can use it with mime4j to parse mbox files.
>
> I also bumped junit to 4.10.
>
> Cheers,
>
> [1] https://github.com/ieugen/mbox-iterator

Ioan Eugen

I took a cursory look at the changeset and it looked quite reasonable to
me. I would also advocate getting rid of dependency on Guava. Mime4j is
a low level library and ideally should not impose additional
dependencies on its consumers unless absolutely necessary.

You cannot just push your changeset to the original mime4j repository on
GitHub as it is a read only copy of the official SVN repository. You
will have to raise a JIRA issue for your contribution and attach the
patch to it. I an willing to commit the patch as is even with Guava
dependency, if no one vetoes it.

Oleg