james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Kussmaul <kussmaul.l...@nix.ch>
Subject Attachment-Names with Umlaute?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 10:21:07 GMT
Hi

I still use mime4j 0.6 because it had the attachment-name in the BodyDescriptor (as part of
the callback: public void body(BodyDescriptor desc, InputStream stream) throws MimeException,
IOException) which seems to be removed in 0.7? But using the old 0.6 version I encountered,
that if the filename has Umlaute or other special characters in it, it does not fully decode
the file-name, e.g. an original filename:

"Optimized Dällikon-Bern.gpx"
is being reported as:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Optimized_D=E4llikon-Bern=2Egpx?=

I was wondering what the "best practices" are to access and decode the filename e.g. in version
0.7.2 of mime4j? Looking at your examples "org.apache.james.mime4j.samples.tree.MessageTree"
I only found how to use the DOM API, but is this also possible using your event API?

In any case many thanks for mime4j, it's a great library!
Michael