james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject NIO Iterator over messages in mbox file
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:23:11 GMT
Hello,

This is the second try to get the message on the mailing list.

I've started working on a small project called mbox-iterator that I wish
to integrate with mime4j later, when it's more usable. It's purpose is
to provide a iterator like interface over mbox files. Details about the
project are here [1].

I'm bringing it on because I think this would be a nice addition to
mime4j and I need some help.

One thing that I can't figure out is: does mime4j do charset decoding? I
haven't looked over the code but I know it expects a stream of bytes.

mbox-iterator does regexp matching to find From_ lines and that requires
a CharSequence. This means I have use/return CharBuffer's from the
iterator. The CharBuffers need to be re-encoded and streamed as bytes
(maybe with ByteArrayInputStream).

In the future I plan to use git-svn to experiment new stuff but I would
like to get it fast into mime4j. What do you think?

[1]
http://ieugen.blogspot.com/2012/02/nio-iterator-over-messages-in-mbox-file.html

Cheers,
--