james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Attachment-Names with Umlaute?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 13:41:21 GMT
On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 11:21 +0100, Michael Kussmaul wrote:
> Hi
>
> I still use mime4j 0.6 because it had the attachment-name in the BodyDescriptor (as part
of the callback: public void body(BodyDescriptor desc, InputStream stream) throws MimeException,
IOException) which seems to be removed in 0.7?

I am pretty sure it is still there.

> But using the old 0.6 version I encountered, that if the filename has Umlaute or other
special characters in it, it does not fully decode the file-name, e.g. an original filename:

> "Optimized Dällikon-Bern.gpx"
> is being reported as:
> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Optimized_D=E4llikon-Bern=2Egpx?=
>
> I was wondering what the "best practices" are to access and decode the filename e.g.
in version 0.7.2 of mime4j? Looking at your examples "org.apache.james.mime4j.samples.tree.MessageTree"
I only found how to use the DOM API, but is this also possible using your event API?

One can certainly parse header fields inside #field(Field rawField)
method either using field parsers from DOM module or using a custom
parser of some sort. Personally that is how I use mime4j.

Hope this helps

Oleg