james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@gmail.com>
Subject mailbox parser?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 14:54:19 GMT
Hy,

I'm trying to rebuild an address book by parsing Thunderbird's mbox files
and calling AddressBuilder.DEFAULT.parseAddressList(fieldValue) on lines
that look like headers (ie. starting with To:, etc.).

My feeling is that this is not the way to go and I have some newbie
questions:

* isn't there some mbox parser available? I see some MBoxMailRepository in
James but that doesn't seem the right pick. I would expect some parser that
produces those sub-streams I can feed to mime4j.parser.MimeTokenStream.
Ideally I wouldn't touch a String at all, just give the mbox InputStream
and get a list of mime4j.dom.address.Mailbox -es.

* isn't there some un-folding stream in mime4j? I don't want to roll my
own...

--emi

--
http://www.josekibold.ro : Honesty & well-done software.