james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Rustam Aliyev <rus...@code.az>
Subject getTo() throws IllegarArgumentException
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 01:24:24 GMT
Hi,

After upgrading to 0.7 I'm getting following problem:

The message I'm trying to parse contain following to field:
     To: "BiZ" <>

Using DOM parser I call mimeMessage.getTo() where mimeMessage is parsed
mimeMessage object and getting following:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null
     at
org.apache.james.mime4j.dom.address.Mailbox.<init>(Mailbox.java:59) ~[na:na]
     at
org.apache.james.mime4j.field.address.LenientAddressBuilder.parseMailboxAddress(LenientAddressBuilder.java:139)

~[na:na]
     at
org.apache.james.mime4j.field.address.LenientAddressBuilder.parseAddress(LenientAddressBuilder.java:264)

~[na:na]
     at
org.apache.james.mime4j.field.address.LenientAddressBuilder.parseAddressList(LenientAddressBuilder.java:303)

~[na:na]
     at
org.apache.james.mime4j.field.AddressListFieldLenientImpl.parse(AddressListFieldLenientImpl.java:71)

~[na:na]
     at
org.apache.james.mime4j.field.AddressListFieldLenientImpl.getAddressList(AddressListFieldLenientImpl.java:51)

~[na:na]
     at
org.apache.james.mime4j.message.AbstractMessage.getAddressList(AbstractMessage.java:470)
~[na:na]
     at
org.apache.james.mime4j.message.AbstractMessage.getTo(AbstractMessage.java:239)
~[na:na]

According to getTo() description it should return AddressList or null in
case if To not present. Now, this is tricky case. But I would like to
get back whatever possible, i.e. AddressList with only name field. In
any case, it should not throw IAE.

Regards,
Rustam.