james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: As far as I am concerned 0.7 is ready
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:18:38 GMT
2011/7/18 Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>:
> On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 21:48 +0200, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>> 2011/7/18 Norman Maurer <norman.maurer@googlemail.com>:
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > just to be more clear. I'm not very strong with it, so if others
>> > prefer we can just release it like it is...
>>
>> I leave this to you and Oleg. Either way it is not an elegant solution
>> and we'll need to fix that part of the api (configuration + advanced
>> features) in future releases (IMO).
>>
>> Stefano
>>

> Sorry for being blunt but MessageServiceFactory / ServiceLocator stuff
> was not of my making. I had nothing to do with it and have nothing to
> contribute there.

What we have now is the result of what I did in a first place and how
you changed it to make it pass your review.

You wanted to remove the abstract classes in favor of interfaces for
parser/builders and wanted to remove that methods I added (e.g:
setDecodeMonitor was a method of the public api abstract class), so
you can't say "I had nothing to do with it", now ;-)

As I said I'm fine with a 0.7 release from the current trunk, but this
doesn't mean that dom is complete and stable: as we call it 0.x I
don't see issues with this plan and there is no need to delay the
release more.

Stefano