james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: As far as I am concerned 0.7 is ready
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:08:13 GMT
Hi all,

I updated jDKIM and it worked fine. I'm also trying to update another
local project I have depending on mime4j trunk and I'm a bit lost
about using a custom DecodeMonitor via dom.
Here is the code I'm updating...
----
factory = MessageServiceFactory.newInstance();
factory.setAttribute("StorageProvider", new MemoryStorageProvider());
factory.setAttribute("MimeEntityConfig", mimeEntityConfig);
MessageBuilder builder = factory.newMessageBuilder();
builder.setDecodeMonitor(new CheckHandlerDecodeMonitor(eh));
Message message = builder.parseMessage(is);
-----

setDecodeMonitor is not anymore exposed by the interface. I thought we
discussed this very thing in past but I run some search with no
success (so probably my memory is leaking).
Is this feature exposed in a different way that I can't currently find?
Or otherwise, how can we expose it again?
- one more possibile attribute in the factory?
- adding parseMessage(InputStream,DecodeMonitor) and
parseHeader(InputStream,DecodeMonitor) methods to the MessageBuilder?
- simply publishing the setDecodeMonitor from MessageBuilderImpl to
MessageBuilder?
Or instead you think this feature should not be anymore exposed via
the dom api at all?

Stefano