james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: As far as I am concerned 0.7 is ready
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:50:36 GMT
2011/7/18 Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>:
> On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 13:08 +0200, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I updated jDKIM and it worked fine. I'm also trying to update another
>> local project I have depending on mime4j trunk and I'm a bit lost
>> about using a custom DecodeMonitor via dom.
>> Here is the code I'm updating...
>> ----
>> factory = MessageServiceFactory.newInstance();
>> factory.setAttribute("StorageProvider", new MemoryStorageProvider());
>> factory.setAttribute("MimeEntityConfig", mimeEntityConfig);
>> MessageBuilder builder = factory.newMessageBuilder();
>> builder.setDecodeMonitor(new CheckHandlerDecodeMonitor(eh));
>> Message message = builder.parseMessage(is);
>> -----
>>
>> setDecodeMonitor is not anymore exposed by the interface. I thought we
>> discussed this very thing in past but I run some search with no
>> success (so probably my memory is leaking).
>> Is this feature exposed in a different way that I can't currently find?
>> Or otherwise, how can we expose it again?
>> - one more possibile attribute in the factory?
>
> That'd be my preferred choice.

Done

>> - adding parseMessage(InputStream,DecodeMonitor) and
>> parseHeader(InputStream,DecodeMonitor) methods to the MessageBuilder?
>> - simply publishing the setDecodeMonitor from MessageBuilderImpl to
>> MessageBuilder?
>
> Setter methods in an interface that essentially represents a strategy
> does not sound right to me.

My main concern is that "dom" api is a lot limited unless you use
"setAttribute" with some magic parameter that you expect to work like
our default implementation does. This doesn't sound good to me for an
API.

That said I'm fine with a 0.7 release from current trunk. It's not
perfect, but a step forward from previous releases.

So, I'll be very happy to vote as soon as Norman will roll it!

Stefano