james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Ashish" <ashish.shar...@hp.com>
Subject Facing problems in email parsing using mime4j
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 14:25:21 GMT
Hi,

I am using mime4j for parsing an incoming mail stream and pulling out email body (html and
plain text) and attachments.

Basically I am creating an 'Email' class that contains 'EmailAttachment' object references.

The 'EmailAttachment' consists of a 'BodyDescriptor' and an 'InputStream', that are populated
by listening to the events generated by a 'ContentHandler'.

Now the problem that I am facing is that as soon as parsing is over and I pull out 'EmailAttachment'
objects for further processing , the InputStream object does not have the full decoded data
of the original attachment, only a small amount of the original attachment is there.

I am unable to understand where is the data going?

Do I need to use some kind of in memory storage provider?

Thanks
Ashish Sharma