james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using mime4j for parsing incoming emails
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:54:20 GMT
Hi there...

mime4j ships with many tests to check if does the right thing. Anyway
I'm almost sure the test don't cover everything.. You will need to read
the rfc to really understand if the email is parsed correctly. I would
only do this if you think it does not the right thing.
For Testing I suggest you to write junit tests...

Bye,
Norman

Am 27.06.2011 14:44, schrieb Sharma, Ashish:
> Hi,
>
> I have a project where I need to parse incoming email streams provided in raw form and
parse them out in their constituents viz (email body as separate file and email attachments
as separate file).

> I am able to do this by extending the class org.apache.james.mime4j.message.SimpleContentHandler.
>
> Here I am facing following problem and request suggestions for that:
>
> 1. Since I have raw emails and I am parsing them out in their constituents, how can I
test whether the parsing is working fine for a large corpus of raw emails that I have to use
to test the efficiency and correctness of the mime parsing by mime4j.