james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Ashish" <ashish.shar...@hp.com>
Subject Using mime4j for parsing incoming emails
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:44:28 GMT
Hi,

I have a project where I need to parse incoming email streams provided in raw form and parse
them out in their constituents viz (email body as separate file and email attachments as separate
file).

I am able to do this by extending the class org.apache.james.mime4j.message.SimpleContentHandler.

Here I am facing following problem and request suggestions for that:

1. Since I have raw emails and I am parsing them out in their constituents, how can I test
whether the parsing is working fine for a large corpus of raw emails that I have to use to
test the efficiency and correctness of the mime parsing by mime4j.
How can I write test cases for such a scenario?

Meaning how would I be able to determine whether the file that was parsed out is correctly
parsed by mime4j or not?

2. Any other kind of testing that I need to implement for improvement?

Thanks
Ashish