james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Zakula <tonyzak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Headless mail renderer
Date Sun, 08 May 2011 13:44:27 GMT
Not sure on where the project leaders want to go, but I think being
able to store messages in different formats to be able to plugin to
systems would be great.  Instead of each person writing their own
parser, most people would just plugin the larger piece to their system
and start there.

I did not see where you specified what you are thinking about for
summer.  Is that a link somewhere yet?

Tony Z

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Tony Zakula <tonyzakula@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey,
>> That is a cool project!  Congratulations!  I have one where that I am
>> still polishing for release that transforms messages into JSON format
>> and then stores the JSON.  My initial benchmarks on non-optimized code
>> is an average of 25,000 messages an hour with the main bottle neck
>> being the IO.  Cool to see what other people are doing.
> Transforming mail into JSON (or XML) seems a hot topic. It'll probably
> be needed for some of the mailbox (Hadoop, Casandra, CouchDB etc) and
> machine learning stuff we hope to experiment with this summer. I think
> that transformation modules building on mime4j would be a good fit for
> Mime4J.
> Opinions?
> Robert

View raw message