james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Headless mail renderer
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 20:32:10 GMT
On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Tony Zakula <tonyzakula@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> That is a cool project!  Congratulations!  I have one where that I am
> still polishing for release that transforms messages into JSON format
> and then stores the JSON.  My initial benchmarks on non-optimized code
> is an average of 25,000 messages an hour with the main bottle neck
> being the IO.  Cool to see what other people are doing.

Transforming mail into JSON (or XML) seems a hot topic. It'll probably
be needed for some of the mailbox (Hadoop, Casandra, CouchDB etc) and
machine learning stuff we hope to experiment with this summer. I think
that transformation modules building on mime4j would be a good fit for
Mime4J.

Opinions?

Robert