james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Noss Benoit <benoit.n...@secu.lu>
Subject Re: Headless mail renderer
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 11:29:58 GMT
Hi Eric,

    * OpenOffice is used to render MicrosoftOffice and OpenOffice
      attachments into PDF
      OpenOffice badly renders html into PDF
    * iText is used to render XHTML to PDF.
      Like Stefano proposed, render html into XHTML with nu.validator
      (or with jtidy in my case) and then use flying saucer to make a
      PDF out of XHTML
      The flying saucer project internally uses iText 2.x (2.0.8 in my
      case) + iText5.0.6

Benoît