james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Noss Benoit <benoit.n...@secu.lu>
Subject Re: Headless mail renderer
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 08:35:36 GMT
Hello Stefano and all the other who helped me,

I worked with two students on a headless mail renderer (written in JAVA)
I recently opened a project on SourceForge to share this experience
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mailtopdf/)

Purpose is to render allmost all mails (body + attachments) into one or
more PDFs. Focus was not set on a "sexy" rendition but on a rendition at
all. Mails are read through imap or from a directory, renderer and saved
as PDF in an output directory. It uses OpenOffice and JAI in background
(for the attachments)
I'm quite happy with the first results : it renders 98% of the mails
with their attachments (mean pdf rendition value per mail =300ms on a
normal machine)

Just to let you know it and to thank again

BenoƮt NOSS