james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling comments in headers
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 08:17:15 GMT
On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 08:07 +0200, Norman Maurer wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> I think my question was not "correct". I'm looking for a method to
> retrieve the comments which were find while parsing the header. Is
> this possible ? At least with 0.6.1 it seems not to be possible.
>
> Bye,
> Norman

Hi Norman

I do not think this is possible at the moment. Comments in fields have
always been treated as 'noise' and simply discarded.

I have been working on low level tokenizer routines (RawFieldParser
class) that could be used to build custom parsers for mime fields. One
could use those routines to extract comments.

Oleg