james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1095104 - in /james/mime4j/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/james/mime4j: io/MimeBoundaryInputStream.java stream/Event.java stream/MimeEntity.java
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:02:52 GMT
2011/4/19  <olegk@apache.org>:
> Author: olegk
> Date: Tue Apr 19 14:53:36 2011
> New Revision: 1095104

> Log:
> Moved presence of whitespace chars in boundary check from MimeBoundaryInputStream's constructor
to MimeEntity where this protocol violation can be hanlded leniently depending on the parsing
mode
[..]
> +    /** Indicates that while space characters have been found in the boundary */
> +    public static final Event WHITESPACE_IN_BOUNDARY
> +        = new Event("Boundary may not contain CR or LF");

This does not seem intuitive. CR or LF are not what is commonly known
as "white space".
CR and LF cannot be present inside a boundary, even in lenient mode.
Instead a single space (0x20) is allowed in the boundary (IIRC).

I don't think we need to "monitor" the presence of a real white space.

Stefano