james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Headless mail renderer
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 08:34:57 GMT
2011/1/24 Noss Benoit <benoit.noss@secu.lu>:
> I don't want to spam you with this question, but I would like to make an
> headless PDF mail renderer.
> In my project, I want to batch process incoming mails and inject them in a
> content management DB as PDF.
> Am I on the right way if I use your MimeStreamParser combined with a custom
> handler to make rendering?
> Can I access the content? Do you suggest something else for this?

You can use mime4j but you will have to manually deal with
attachments, multiparts/alternative to decide what part to render,
multipart/mixed to get inline images streams to be placed in the html.
And how do you plan to do headless html to pdf rendering? I think this
is the difficult task. Parsing with mime4j is easy: just look at some
example.

Stefano