james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject MessageBuilder refactoring; was Re: dom / message refactoring
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 16:08:28 GMT

> >> [...] BTW I'm just loud thinking, just go ahead with
> >> your plan :-)
> >
> > I am going to get there shortly. I just prefer to make potentially
> > contentious changes in small, incremental steps, so that they are easier
> > to review and agree / disagree upon.
>
> I understand. I'm impatient to see your changes :-)
>
> Happy hacking
> Stefano

Stefano et al

I just completed refactoring of MessageBuilder and related classes on
the refactoring branch. Here is a short summary of changes:

* MessageBuilder redesigned and changed to an interface
* Moved #writeTo method to MessageWriter interface
* MessageBuilderFactory renamed to MessageServiceFactory and can now be
used to instantiate message writers and builders. Additional factory
methods can be introduced in the future.

Please review and let me know if you can live with these changes.

I am _almost_ done. As the very last step I would like to try to
decouple 'message' and 'storage' classes, but I could also live with
things in their present form.

Oleg