james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject dom / message refactoring; was Re: 0.6.2 or 0.7 any time soon?
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:43:37 GMT
On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 21:13 +0100, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> Stefano,
>
> I already explained why I no longer feel comfortable committing to
> trunk. There is no point repeating that.
>
> > We will ask questions when we need answers :-)
> >
> > Stefano
> >
> > PS: if something I said/did makes you angry just explain me please. I
> > hope this is just something related to "translation" and the fact we
> > don't speak the same language natively.
> >

> I am not angry. I just find it regrettable that the project was
> effectively paralyzed for a full year.
>
> I'll start working on a branch.
>
> Cheers
>
> Oleg

Stefano et al

Please review another round of API changes on the refactoring branch.
Here is the gist of most important changes

* Most of the object model implementation logic moved from 'dom' to
'message'. 'dom' consists mostly of pure interfaces now that do not
impose particular internal structures, a particular implementation or a
particular inheritance hierarchy.

* All dom element copy / parse logic moved from individual classes to a
utility class currently called MimeBuilder (I would prefer this class to
be called MessageBuilder but this name is already taken)

Please let me know if you can live with these changes and whether it is
ok to merge them down to trunk.

Oleg