james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Max Gravitt <max.grav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue Decoding PDF Attachments
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 20:38:23 GMT
Hi,

Yes, I am using version 0.6.

thanks
Max

On Dec 27, 2010, at 2:17 PM, Norman Maurer wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> what version of mime4j ?
>
> Bye
> Norman
>

> 2010/12/27 Max Gravitt <max.gravitt@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an application (running on Google App Engine) that strips attachments from
inbound emails and saves them as a byte[] in the JDO data store.  I think I'm running into
a decoding issue, but I'm unsure of the true issue or the resolution.  I'm finding that for
some files, it embeds equal signs in places where the original document doesn't have any equal
signs.  I've found that MS documents and HTML are rather tolerant of this behavior, but PDFs
tend to get corrupt when this happens.  Also, it doesn't happen with all PDFs and it seems
that it only happens when the attachment is has a transfer encoding of "quoted-printable".

>> I'm using MimeStreamParser and I extended SimpleContentHandler (bodyDecoded method).
 Then, I use IOUtils.toByteArray(InputStream) to get the bytes that I save.  Any idea of what
I may be missing?

>> Below is an example of the contents of a PDF from the "more" command.  You can see
the equal signs from the second representation of the file.