james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Zakula <tonyzak...@gmail.com>
Subject Best way to build a parser?
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:00:20 GMT
Hi,

I recently downloaded Mime4J.  I used it in conjunction with the Rhino
Javascript engine to build a prototype.  I took an email saved to a
file from an email server, and using the example program that builds a
Java tree as an example, I built a JSON object that matches the tree
for the same message.

My next task would be to begin adding pieces to grab quoted text and
things like that.  But before I go there, I was wondering if this
would be a proper approach, or if anyone had any advice.

I plan to contribute this back to an open source project I am working
with and another developer had the question of whether it was parsing
maildir or mbox.  Isn't this only client side?  Any information on
that would be helpful.

Great project and thanks to the developers of this.  It is very
straight forward to use.

Tony Z