james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: dom / message API inconsistency
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:18:49 GMT
2010/6/29 Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>:
> In its present form 'dom' does not represent a coherent abstract
> interface. It is just a bunch of concrete classes with random bits
> ripped out, which are completely useless without 'message' classes.

For what it worth I chose abstract classes instead of interfaces in
order to be able to keep better backward compatibility when we'll
start adding more methods to the DOM.

If we rely on interfaces then each method we add will break compatibility.

That said this is only an explanation of the choice, it doesn't mean
I'm against any other approach or that you can't wipe everything :-)

Stefano