james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Ashish" <ashish.shar...@hp.com>
Subject Email attachment parsing via mime4j
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:53:07 GMT
Hi,

I am using a small java smtp library (http://code.google.com/p/subethasmtp/), by this I need
to parse the incoming emails in separate components viz body, attachments etc.

I am trying to use mime4j , but the documentation suggests that mime4j can only give  event
notification or  token notification and nothing else. For stripping out body and attachments
etc I had to use my own custom logic inside the event handlers. Is my observation correct?

If yes then how can I use mime4j to use for my requirement. Please suggest.

I badly need an approach that takes in the smtp data stream and returns me with an array of
attachment references or streams in fully parsed out form in java. Please help

Thanks in advance

Ashish Sharma