james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Module split up
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:33:24 GMT
Folks,

Given the magnitude of changes that took place in the trunk I think we
should really try to tackle all potentially disruptive issues before 0.7
and finally really try to not move things around anymore.

I would like to invest time into resolving MIME4J-129, MIME4J-129 and
MIME4J-158.

I would like to tackle the issues in several steps:

(1) Move MaximalBodyDescriptor from o.a.j.m.parser to o.a.j.m.dom
(2) Move dom.*, field.*, message, and storage packages from mime4j-core
to a new module called mime4j-dom
(3) Eliminate dependency on commons-logging in mime4j-core
(4) Look into moving o.a.j.m.storage implementation classes to a new
module, probably called mime4j-storage or some such
(5) See if the dependency on commons-logging in mime4j-dom can be
eliminated.
(6) I also would like to see ContentHandler and AbstractContentHandler
moved from  o.a.j.m.stream to o.a.j.m.parser, if possible.

Please complain loudly if you have objections to any of the proposed
changes.

Oleg