james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Content-Location header special code (Robert?)
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 17:49:15 GMT
Hi all,

I see there is special code to handle the Content-Location header. It
seems a special parsing mode has been added to the
StructuredFieldParser (setFoldingPreserved), during commits to support
content-location. The very weird thing is that MaximalBodyDescriptor
calls setFoldingPreserved with a FALSE parameter, that is also the
default for that class. So in mime4j code no one calls that code with
"true". As part as another refactoring (fold/unfold consistency) I was
going to remove that special handling. My readings about the
Content-Location specs seems to suggest that we just need to remove
any whitespace after unfolding.

Is there any real world message about how MUAs (supporting this
header) encode it?

Stefano