james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Address list parser expects unfolded field body. Does that make sense?
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:24:49 GMT
Markus et al

The address list parser currently chokes on folded field values that are
otherwise perfectly valid. That seems somewhat illogical to me. It
really took me a while to figure out what was wrong with the address
list until I stumbled upon a commend about the parser expecting unfolded
fields. The very cryptic exception message did not really help either.

What is the reason for this restriction? It is because folded values are
difficult to parse with jjtree? Should not we unfold field values
automatically prior to feeding them to the parser?

Oleg