james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mime4j and Eclipse Orbit
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 21:19:55 GMT
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Wim Jongman<wim.jongman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Mime4j developers,
> I am in the process of writing a nntp connector for the Eclipse
> Communication Framework project and an Eclipse based newsreader that will
> use this engine. For the handling of mime related stuff I am planning to use
> Mime4j. Since the Eclipse license is fairly commercial friendly, there is a
> strict IP policy which I think is quite similar to the Apache licence.

(IIRC we worked with them when they were developing their foundation
and policy so hopefully it should be similar)

i've never ready heard of any problems with the use of any apache
libraries at eclipse but perhaps the eclipse process has changed...

> It is the idea that each version you guys bring out will be OSGi-fied
> (factored into a module aka plugin aka bundle) and stored for fast reference
> inside the Eclipse Repos so that other Eclipse projects can benefit from the
> work done

Mime4j should already support OSGi. if there's some problem with the
support, it may be best to address it upstream here rather than
repeating the work downstream.

- robert