james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Valdez <alejandro.val...@gmail.com>
Subject Soft line breaks in quoted printable decoding
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:03:21 GMT
Hi list, I noticed that the class QuotedPrintableInputStream expects
that the input stream is encoded using CRLF as line terminator (in
particular, when dealing with quoted printable soft line breaks), but
I have found that some e-mails are encoded using LF as line
terminator. In such cases QuotedPrintableInputStream leaves in the
decoded output a =LF for each line with a soft line break.

I tried to find what RFC specifies that a mime e-mail should uses CRLF
as line terminator, but I could not find it...

I patched my QuotedPrintableInputStream class to identify =LF as a
soft line break, it works ok, but maybe I missing something.