james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Aron Wieck ...@cnt.net>
Subject Re: Bug in DecoderUtil
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:22:48 GMT

This then qualifies as a Schroedinbug: http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/S/schroedinbug.html

> > After this fix there is only one space between "ü" and "and",
> which I think
> > is not correct (but I'm not sure).
>
> No I think one space would be correct, see MIME4J-104.

My bad! Sorry.

> > Proposed Solution:
> >
> > Replace "indexOf" by Regex matching, like so:
> > [...]
>
> I'm afraid that would reintroduce MIME4J-104..

If you are interested I could write a regex based version which will
not reintroduce the double space bug.
I'ld use the regex to extract charset, encoding and encoded string in
one go. I think it will be at least as fast as the current method.
However, java.util.regex requires Java 1.4, if that's a no-go I won't
bother.
Thanks for your quick response.