james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: SMTP Transport?
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:31:31 GMT
I'm not sure how MIME4J and SMTP transport are related.
SMTP and MIME spec have not "interfaces" between them and for SMTP a
mime message is simply a stream.

An SMTP client should simply have a way to offer an outputstream to the
mime library or ask for an inputstream from the mime library: do I miss
any other integration point?

Markus Wiederkehr ha scritto:
> I've written a class SmtpTransport that can be used to send a Mime4j
> message to an SMTP server.
> Currently it is very simple. Meaning it is not yet capable of
> authentication or TLS or other extensions.
> Would it be worth to include this code in Mime4j?
> Cheers,
> Markus
> PS: Testing is a bit of a PITA with sockets and all.. Robert, could
> MPT help with that? I haven't looked into it yet..

View raw message