james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SMTP Transport?
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:32:09 GMT
On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 04:30:58PM +0200, Markus Wiederkehr wrote:
> I've written a class SmtpTransport that can be used to send a Mime4j
> message to an SMTP server.
>
> Currently it is very simple. Meaning it is not yet capable of
> authentication or TLS or other extensions.
>
> Would it be worth to include this code in Mime4j?
>
> Cheers,
> Markus
>
> PS: Testing is a bit of a PITA with sockets and all.. Robert, could
> MPT help with that? I haven't looked into it yet..

Markus et al

_Coincidentally_, I have been working on a LMTP agent and LMTP client with
support for mandatory extensions required by LMTP [1]: PIPELINING,
ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES and 8BITMIME. The implementation is based a NIO framework
derived from HttpCore NIO and should be quite scalable. This is my private
project, but if there is interest in such work, I am willing to contribute it
to James. Alternatively you are very welcome to contribute to the effort. It is
ASLv2 licensed.

Cheers

Oleg

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2033.txt