james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wiederkehr <markus.wiederk...@gmail.com>
Subject JavaCC experience anyone?
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 15:43:55 GMT
I'd like to address MIME4J-130 but I'm not sure how to do it..

For MIME4J-130 special characters would have to allowed in the
display-name portion of a "name-addr" or "group"
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322#section-3.4). A display-name is a
"phrase" and AddressListParser.jjt defines it as:

  void phrase() :

So this production would have to be relaxed - but only when parsing an
address in its decoded form. The production should stay the same when
parsing an address in its raw transport-encoded form..

The question is, is it possible with JavaCC to say: use production P1
if the parser has been initialized with a certain constructor
parameter, otherwise use production P2. I don't think that a JAVACODE
production (https://javacc.dev.java.net/doc/javaccgrm.html#JAVACODE)
could do the trick because they cannot appear at choice points.

Is it maybe possible to define two parser that share some common productions?

Any ideas?

View raw message