james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: 0.6 source code
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:24:09 GMT
Wim Jongman ha scritto:
> Yes, well, I am sorry to hear that. I want to make an OSGi bundle out of
> mime4j to possibly propose it for the eclipse Orbit project. To be able to
> do that, having all sources available to accompany the binaries would make
> this task much easier. I am not at all interested in building the
> application again. In fact, I want to take it as "pure" as possible, direct
> from the source.

"pure" sources are the one without generated stuff.

maven make it simple to invoke javacc automatically while building the
project. If you want you can study the pom and run javacc manually.

I can't believe that to propose a new bundle you have to produce
generated sources. Generated sources are interim artifacts that shuold
not be used anywhere except, maybe, debugging.

BTW, the file we publish in the maven repository:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/james/apache-mime4j/0.6/apache-mime4j-0.6-sources.jar
Should include also generated sources (because the purpose of that file
is to be used in IDE for debugging).

Stefano