james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wiederkehr <markus.wiederk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mime4j 0.6 preview packages
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 15:25:56 GMT
On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Folks
>
> Please do take a few minutes to review the release notes, packages and
> the updated web site for the upcoming 0.6 release.
>
> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.6-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

I wonder if we should include any or all of the older notes from 0.4 and 0.5:

 * Mime4j API is still considered unstable and is likely to change in
future releases
 * DOM support has known limitations and some roundtrip issues remain
to be resolved
 * Some low level functions are available only in the pull parser
(recommended for
   advanced users)

I would opt for numbers 1 and 3; number 2 should have been resolved
sufficiently in the course of MIME4J-34..

> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.6-preview/
>
> Web site:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.6-preview/site/