james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wiederkehr <markus.wiederk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Field/FieldParser: hide implementation details
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 20:16:33 GMT
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Markus Wiederkehr
<markus.wiederkehr@gmail.com> wrote:
> In package o.a.j.mime4j.field we have the FieldParser interface;
> DelegatingFieldParser, DefaultFieldParser and a lot of static inner
> class of the various Field classes implement this interface..
>
> Class Field has a getter to retrieve the DefaultFieldParser but there
> is no way to change that default value. So what's the point of this
> getter?

Okay, the original intention was probably to retrieve the
DefaultFieldParser from Field and then register additional parsers via
DelegatingFieldParser.setFieldParser(String name, FieldParser
parser)...

Still, the inner static Parser classes of MailboxField et al could
become package-private..

Markus