james-general mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Use a Blog for news
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:56:08 GMT
On 8/19/07, Bernd Fondermann <bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> Serge Knystautas wrote:
> > In any case, the roller solution is a possible future solution,
> > not something available today or even definite in the foreseeable future.
>
> But we have an established process for publishing content. We could wait
> (and engage with infra to help and build a solution) and meanwhile try
> to improve this process in a way that _all_ web pages are easier to
> maintain and update, not only headline news. To me, this would be more
> useful than to have more and faster news.

I wouldn't dispute this. But it is a fact that news is the thing we
should update most often and making news story easy to post would be a
quick win, 80% of the benefit for very little effort.
What's more the proposal doesn't involve any hidden cost of hosting or
administration by anyone other than James PMC members. In particular
there is zero burden on infrastructure@

d.