james-general mailing list archives

From "Nathan Day" <Nathan....@ASPECTIVE.com>
Subject Webmail access
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 11:39:39 GMT
Hi,

I am happily using James as my email server for personal mail and it is
running on a Linux box connected to my home broadband connection. I am
very happy with performance and functionality. The only thing I would
like to do, but seemingly can't is access the mail boxes through a
browser.

I know IMAP support is on the way and that I could use one of the many
open source JSP/Servlet solutions out there deployed in Tomcat or
something, but are there any alternatives for me in the meantime?

Additionally, how functional is the IMAP functionality that has
currently been developed and not released? Would it be worth trying some
of the nightly source releases to play with the IMAP functionality or is
it pretty immature at this stage?

Many thanks,

Nathan