From "Byron L Bailey" <baile...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HttpServletResponseWrapperSetStatusMsgTest
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 20:12:49 GMT

Ryan,

It looks like the HTTP server is converting my reason-phrase to "OK", hence
the failure.  The spec was unclear by saying that the message would be sent
back as body, and resulted in my confusion.  Thanks for your help.  -Byron

                      Ryan Lubke

                      <Ryan.Lubke@Sun.C        To:       Watchdog Developers List <watchdog-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                      OM>                      cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: HttpServletResponseWrapperSetStatusMsgTest

                      07/09/02 02:50 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Watchdog

                      Developers List"

Byron,

Actually, the test expects the following to occur:

 - A status code of 200
 - A reason-phrase populated with the value of the message
   argument from setStatus(int, String)
 - A response header 'GenericResponseWrapper:setStatusMsg'

I will need to double check the 2.1 spec, but my guess is the reason
for failure is the fact that the reason-phrase isn't populated as
expected by the test.  Similar tests, (like those that test sendError)
have been commented out as they expect the reason-phrase to be populated
with the user defined message, but in fact the 2.3 spec was vague in
this area.

Can you verify that the reason-phrase is the cause of failure here?

-rl

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 13:30, Byron L Bailey wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> Thanks for your quick response.  However, the reason that I ask is
because
> in the Servlet 2.1 Spec it says that when calling setStatus(int, String
> msg), the msg is sent back as the body of the response.  Yet, it appears
> that watchdog expects a blank response since there is no golden file for
> this test and will register a failure if it receives anything other than
> blank page since the .xml file has exactmatch=true.  Is this a correct
> assessment?  If so, what is the appropriate behavior for this method?
>
> -Byron
>

>                       Ryan Lubke

>                       <Ryan.Lubke@Sun.C        To:       Watchdog
Developers List <watchdog-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
>                       OM>                      cc:

>                                                Subject:  Re:
HttpServletResponseWrapperSetStatusMsgTest