From Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Watchdog vs TCK
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:05:26 GMT
On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 14:48, Christopher K. St. John wrote:
> Ryan Lubke wrote:
> >
> > >  Watchdog is an official TCK
> >
> > Actually, Watchdog is not an official TCK (just wanted to make this
> > clear).  It's nothing more than a test suite that uses the same test
> > source.
> >

>  Could you expand on the relationship a little? I'm not
> sure I understand what you mean by "not an official TCK"
> but "uses the same test source"

Since I began working on the Servlet/JSP TCK and Watchdog, I've pushed
what tests that didn't already exist in the Watchdog tree to the point
where, from a test source only perspective, the two trees are for the
most part the same.  However, since Watchdog doesn't have a typical TCK
license, compatibility rules, etc, it cannot be termed as an "official"
TCK.

Hope this makes a bit more sense.

>  For instance, where's the official TCK?

The official TCK is available through our partner site.  Apache will
have access to the TCKs through a member designated by the licensing
agreement.  As to who will run the TCKs, I couldn't tell you.

Who runs it