From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [advanced-servlets] getServletPath and filters?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 05:17:39 GMT

OK,

I implemented it as for the default servlet (servletPath==""
and pathInfo==URIAfterContext)

But I immediately got a report that tomcat4 does it the other
way around  servletPath==URIAfterContext  pathInfo=null.

I agree with Nic's interpretation so I'm just replying to let you
all know (and to cc the watchdog list so they can add a test for this).

cheers

Nic Ferrier wrote:
> Greg Wilkins <gregw@mortbay.com> writes:
>>For a filter invoked on a request destined for static content, what
>>should getServletPath and getPathInfo return in the filter?
>>
>>As there is no servlet involved, then I think that getServletPath should
>>return null and getPathInfo return the non context part of the path.
>>
>>I can't see anything in the spec about this????
>>
>>Any thoughts?
>>

> The servlet api doesn't have any concept of static content.
>
> There is only "default servlet".
>
> If you look in the mapping examples for "default servlet" then you'll
> see what should be returned.
>

> Nic

> Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
> When building an e-commerce site, you want to start with a
> secure foundation. Learn how with VeriSign's FREE Guide.
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/kWSNbC/XdiDAA/yigFAA/saFolB/TM

Greg Wilkins<gregw@mortbay.com>          GB  Phone: +44-(0)7092063462
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.    Mbl Phone: +61-(0)4 17786631
http://www.mortbay.com                   AU  Phone: +61-(0)2 98107029