From "vanitha.venkatraman" <Vanitha.Venkatra...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: OK, What Gives?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 06:59:43 GMT
Ankush,
'Watchdog' is the open source validation test suite for the JSP/Servlet
containers. It is a suite of tests written for the JSP and Servlet
specification compliance. In the case of 'jakarta-watchdog-4.0' release, it is
for the JSP1.2 and Servlet2.3 specifications. It has method level tests for
both technologies. These are not functional tests - we have another group here
at Java Software that does this.  So, these do not have tests for EJB,
JTA/JTS, JDBC tests that interact with JSP/Servlets.

The idea behind Watchdog is to let third party web containers verify their
compliance with the JSP/Servlet specification.

-- Vanitha