From "Santosh Singh [TEMP]" <Santosh.Si...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Watchdog and Jetty3
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:32:40 GMT
Hi All,
I joined the "watchdog " group recently and i'll be the primary source of
contact for all watchdog related issues,discussions etc. All the
recommendations,suggestions are welcome.
   We have created a new branch for watchdog with the name watchdog-4.0 . This
will have tests for Servlet 2.3/Jsp1.2 specs. Right now it is mainly a much
better version of previous watchdog source code.I would recommend using it once
it becomes available for download.

   Thanks,
   Santosh

> list-help: <mailto:watchdog-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> list-post: <mailto:watchdog-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> To: watchdog-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> CC: jetty-discuss@egroups.com
> Subject: Watchdog and Jetty3
>

> Hi watchdog developers.
>
> I'm currently using watchdog to test Jetty3 for 2.2 servlet compliance.
> I'm using the CVS snapshot from 17 Oct
>
> Firstly a small bug report:
>
> In org/apache/tools/moo/servlet/ServletTest.java
> The sos variable is set after the doTest method.
> Thus if the doTest throws an exception the props.put fails as sos is
> null.    Simple fix is to set sos before calling doTest (or test
> a container that never fails :-)
>

> Of the 9 tests that I'm currently failing, one of them is:
>   org.apache.jcheck.servlet.client.javax_servlet.ServletContext.GetContextTest
>
> where you appear to try to get the following context:
>    /servlet/tests.javax_servlet.ServletContext.GetServletContextTestServlet
>

> This appears to be a path within the scope of the current context. My reading
> of the spec and java doc is that this method is used to get other contexts
> and thus should be passed a uri INCLUDING the context.  From the javadoc:
>
>     /**
>      * Returns a <code>ServletContext</code> object that
>      * corresponds to a specified URL on the server.
>      *
>      * <p>This method allows servlets to gain
>      * access to the context for various parts of the server, and as
>      * needed obtain {@link RequestDispatcher} objects from the context.
>      * The given path must be absolute (beginning with "/") and is
>      * interpreted based on the server's document root.
>      *
>      * <p>In a security conscious environment, the servlet container may
>      * return <code>null</code> for a given URL.
>      *
>      * @param uripath 	a <code>String</code> specifying the absolute
URL of