From Stephane Mikaty <stefzec...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject GetContextTestServlet logic flaw?
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2000 22:38:08 GMT
Hi all,

I´ve just subscribed to this mailing list. I use
watchdog to validate the servlet engine i´m working
on and find it of tremendous help. Keep up the good
work. I have a problem with the test servlet named

tests.javax_servlet.ServletContext.GetContextTestServlet

Reading the javadoc from the servlet api:

"This method allows servlets to gain access to the
context for various parts of the server, and as needed
obtain RequestDispatcher objects from the context. The
given path must be absolute (beginning with "/") and
is interpreted based on the server's document root. "

But i see in the code that the uri used is relative
to the context root:

"/servlet/tests.javax_servlet.ServletContext.GetServletContextTestServlet"

Shouldn´t it start with /servlet-tests/servlet...
or even /jsp-tests if we want to test that we can
actually access a different servlet context. Also
the api doc says that it can be null. How about
having 2 tests instead of one:

1.
/servlet-tests/servlet/tests.javax_servlet.ServletContext.GetServletContextTestServlet

which should return the current context of the test
servlet

2.
/jsp-tests/servlet/whatever

which should return null for security reasons.

Any comment/feedback is appreciated.

cheers,

Stephane