From "Ramesh Mandava [CONTRACTOR]" <Ramesh.Mand...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Problems with servlet tests under 1.3.0 (Fwd)
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 17:52:09 GMT
Hi John:
   Yes. There are some changes in URLConnection class between JDK1.2.2 and
JDK1.3. I don't exactly know them off hand. But as far as watchdog test clients
are concerned you don't need to worry about them. As many people requested we
are going away from "moo" harness and having the requirement of having separate
client for each test. We extended "gtest" ( we are using that for jsp-tests
right now ) to perform all the required functions such sending sending
particular request headers, session management, reporting. These enhancements
will give us the flexibility of converting all the tests to use one harness. And
   free test developer from writinga specific client for each test. gtest will
act a global client and importantly it uses plain sockets, which will allow us
to use plain HTTP commands without worrying about the changes in URLConnection.
   We are reviewing and updating all the tests for spec conformance and to make
them gtest compatible( As Misha and others pointed out there are some test
problems).
   Beginning of next week myself and Vanitha will checkin all the tests
including updated gtest.
   I hope you can find those changes useful and simplify your job. If you have
any feedback now or after seeing the changes please let us know.

   Thanks
   -Ramesh