From "Rousseau, John" <JRouss...@silverstream.com>
Subject web.xml
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:18:32 GMT
Hi!

I'm new to Watchdog, but I wanted to use the tests to validate our
servlet 2.2 implementation at SilverStream. I couldn't find an
archive of this list, and I hope this hasn't been asked before.

I was looking at the web.xml deployment descriptor from
servlet-tests.war and noticed that all of the elements were written
like this:

    <param-name>
            OS
    </param-name>

In XML, the value of param-name is then "\n\t\t\tOS\n" instead of
"OS". We could easily chop each string we get out of the deployment
descriptor, but this would prevent us from encoding a real tab or
space in the future.

According to XML, if the intended value is "OS", the element should
be written as:

    <param-name>OS</param-name>

Is this an oversight, or am I missing something?

Thanks!
-John

John Rousseau                               jrr@silverstream.com
SilverStream Software                     Phone: +1 978 262 3564
2 Federal Street                            Fax: +1 978 262 3499
Billerica, MA 01821                  http://www.silverstream.com